Arrest Kissinger...and "Commentary" editors!

My 9/11 anniversary article "Arrest Kissinger for Both 9/11s" has gone viral.

http://presstv.com/detail/2014/09/10/378306/arrest-kissinger-for-both-911s/

America's top neocon rag, Commentary Magazine, responded by falsely attributing my article to the Iranian government:

Iran Promotes 9/11 Conspiracy on Anniversary

An acquaintance with extensive legal experience writes: 

"The accusations made by Commentary are, in themselves accusations of criminal conduct and are actionable under the definition of Criminal Libel.

"They are accusing you of being an unregistered agent of the Iranian government and taking direction from their intelligence services.  They may well have accused you of treason and espionage as well.  (illegal if Israel is not involved)

"If there is money behind them, they may make a good target."

 

I responded yesterday to letters@commentarymagazine.com and  submissions@commentarymagazine.com

Memo to Commentary: If you don’t issue a retraction of your article Iran Promotes 9/11 Conspiracy on Anniversary and admit that Dr. Kevin Barrett, NOT Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei or President Hassan Rouhani, is the sole author of “Arrest Kissinger for Both 9/11s,” I may just haul your sorry lying keisters into the nearest courtroom – and it will not be the one presided over by your friend Alvin Hellerstein.

 I mean, come on, guys! Why should I let President Rouhani and Supreme Leader Khamenei take credit for such a brilliant article?! Even you pathetic putzes at Commentary should know that the Iranian government (and indeed most of my Iranian acquaintances) can barely churn out a sentence of idiomatic English, much less an acerbic masterpiece of anti-Kissinger invective like “Arrest Kissinger for Both 9/11s.” Not even the sorriest semi-literate Fox News aficionado could possibly mistake my Kissinger piece for the product of Iran’s (or anybody’s) propaganda ministry.

So allow me to let you Commentary schmucks in on a little secret: Press TV is successful because it practices the kind of all-out free speech that the American mainstream promises but fails to deliver. Press TV published my Kissinger piece, like virtually all my op-eds there, exactly as written. I have been ranting about this stuff for years, long before I was publishing at Press TV. (I published my first three balls-to-the-wall 9/11 truth op-eds in 2005 and 2006 at the Madison, WI Capital Times – which was then shut down by its parent company.)

What I write has nothing to do with the Iranian government. It represents my views and nobody else’s. So by attributing my piece to the Iranian authorities, you slandered me in multiple ways:

*First, you deprived me of recognition as the sole author of a powerful, widely-read, high-impact article

*Second, you insulted my article by implying that it was the product of some Iranian government bureaucrat working under Supreme Leader or the President of Iran.

*Third, you insulted me by implying (to those who bothered to dig up my article and notice it was attributed to me, not the Supreme Leader) that my article, and by extension my other Press TV articles, are Iranian propaganda pieces, which would make me a propagandist for a much-maligned foreign government – a very nasty false charge, which in this age of terror paranoia could have damaging consequences for my career as a scholar, writer and broadcaster

Like Zionists everywhere, you Commentary guys are projecting your own dark side on your opponents. For while I am an independent thinker and carry water for nobody’s government, YOU are unregistered agents of Israel and de facto traitors to the United States of America. Commentary‘s overriding mission, like that of most key decision makers throughout the US mainstream media only more so, is to protect and advance the interests of the state of Israel.

I carry no such water for Iran. I publish at Press TV because they’re not afraid to print hard-hitting, truthful op-eds. That is exactly the same reason I publish here at Veterans Today – an angry hornet’s nest of former (and still well-connected) insiders from US military and intelligence communities. But just as nobody in their right mind would attribute my Veterans Today articles to the CIA Director or the Joint Chiefs of Staff, you’d have to be lying or nuts to imagine that my Press TV pieces are the product of some ministry in Tehran. And if you want to nuke Iran because Press TV published one of my articles…well, all I can say is that is one hell of a tribute to my skills as an op-ed polemicist

That said, dear Commentary colleagues, you may be wondering why the two venues with significant readership that publish my stuff happen to be (1) Press TV, the Iranian version of CNN or PBS or the BBC or RT except it’s better, and (2) the hornets nest of insiders at Veterans Today.

There is a very simple reason for this odd alliance, my dear neocon friends. Both Iranians and American insiders disapprove of the neocon coup d’état of September 11th, 2001. Both Iranians and American insiders look askance at the 9/11 plan to “take out seven countries in five years” including Iran – a plan that isn’t working out very well for anybody. And both Iranians and American insiders wouldn’t mind seeing the USA free itself from the Zionist yoke and change our Mideast policy to something more mutually beneficial to both Americans and Iranians…not to mention Palestinians

Am I making myself clear?

I thought so/

So have a nice day, and hurry up with that retraction.

Sincerely,

Dr. Kevin Barrett

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,